Black history resources
We will be looking at this powerpoint during the zoom session. You can pre-read to prepare or use the information afterwards to help with the written task.
Rosa Parks Task – answer these questions, in full sentences, in your lined paper book.
1. Rosa Parks grew up in Alabama, USA, at a time when a system of segregation was in place. What was segregation?
2. What did Rosa Parks do to spark the Montgomery Bus Boycott in 1955?
3. What was the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
4. Some people said that Rosa refused to give up her seat on the bus because she was tired. What did Rosa say about it?
5. How long did the Montgomery Bus Boycott last?
6. What nickname was Rosa Parks given by the US Congress to reflect her role in protesting against segregation?
7. What did Rosa do after the Montgomery Bus Boycott?
8. Roughly how many people took part in the Montgomery Bus Boycott?