Thursday 4th March- World Book Day
Tasks for today:
1. Read, read and read a bit more!
2. Complete a reading-based activity in your orange books/paper
3. Complete a Reading quiz on Oxford Reading Buddy or Reading Plus
4. Send me a picture of your crazy reading
5. Have a go at the 'Masked Reader' quiz. Do you know who is who?!
There are lots of ideas on the World Book Day page (linked above).
INSPIRATION 2: lOOK UP! CREATING SKY-SCENES Katherine talks about how we always forget to look up. She describes her own adventures on rooftops in Oxford, finding mystery items and imagining people who live above.
• Take a moment during your day to look up. Maybe you can see lots of tall buildings, or perhaps just a few chimneys. Maybe you can see birds and trees. At nighttime, maybe you can see the moon and the stars! Draw a sketch of what you see when you look up.
• Once you have created your sketch, populate your scene with new details from your imagination. For example, you could add a mystery item or object. Or you might want to add a character or two. Use your sky-scenes to inspire your ideas for an adventure, just like Katherine’s Skysteppers!