What can a Year 1 writer do?
From Monday 22nd June, our Zoom sessions have changed slightly. We are now doing English every Tuesday morning at 10am and will continue to cover a range of writing skills which we feel will best prepare the children for Year 2. To do this in an engaging and structured way which is accessible to parents at home, we are going to use lessons from BBC Bitesize Daily as the basis for our Zoom lessons.
To best support your child in their English learning moving forward, we recommend accessing the BBC Bitesize Daily Lessons (link below). This will provide you with all of the online activities you need to continue supporting your child to learn these key skills:
- Using capital letters and full stops in the correct places
- Using exclamation marks and question marks where they are appropriate
- Knowing when and how to use description to develop a sentence
- Understand the use of 'and' in a sentence
- Know how to form each letter of the alphabet
- Be able to use phonic knowledge to support spelling
- Know how to structure different types of writing for different purposes